MOVEMENT TIP: The Dumbbell Power Snatch
The Dumbell Power Snatch is also very similar to the Dumbell Snatch - the only difference is that instead of dropping into the Dumbell Overhead Squat position, the athlete only needs to drop part way to catch the dumbells. CrossFit Seminar Staff member Julie Foucher demonstrates this movement for us.
Points Of Performance
- Stand on feet with hip-width apart
- Grip the center of the dumbbell
- Dumbbells start on the ground in between both feet
- Shoulders over or slightly in front of the dumbbell at set-up
- Lumbar curve maintained
- Hips and shoulders rise at the same rate
- Hips extend rapidly
- Heels stay down until hips and legs extend
- Shoulder shrugs, followed by a pull under with the arms
- Dumbbell is received in a partial overhead squat
- Complete at full hip and knee extension with the dumbbell over the middle of both feet
BOOK FREE INTRO
Let's Get Started!
Complete the form below to claim your complimentary intro class!
100% Privacy Guaranteed!
- Jude Qualifies for Second Crossfit Games
- Megan - From Obese to Beast
- MOVEMENT TIP: The Burgener Warm Up
- CrossFit Basic Movements
- All 9 foundational movements